Am 17. und 18. Juli 2015 findet in Brüssel das erste PPEU Council Meeting statt, folgender Antrag wurde eingereicht. Sofern sich keine neuen Informationen aus der Diskussion vor Ort ergeben, stimmt die Piratenpartei Österreichs folgendem Antrag zu.
Proposant: PP-CZ (Vojtěch Pikal)
- (5) If only one candidate is to be elected, the candidate who gains more than 50% of the votes cast and most of the votes in the first round, is the person elected. Should no candidate gain more than 50% of the first round voting, a second round will be run between the two highest scoring candidates. The candidate who receives more than 50% of the votes cast and most of the votes in the second round is elected.
- (6) If several candidates are to be elected, the candidates who gain more than 50% of the votes cast in order of the highest result to the lowest are elected, until all positions are filled. If not enough candidates have reached 50% of the votes cast, a second round of voting will be held. In the second round only those candidates who got the highest number of votes will be eligible. The number of candidates shall be double the number of positions still needing to be filled. The candidates who gain more than 50% of the votes cast in order of the highest result to the lowest are elected in the second round, until all positions are filled.
- (8) Method of voting will be approval voting, meaning that every voter may have one vote per candidate.
- (5) Method of voting will be approval voting, meaning that every voter may have one vote per candidate. Only candidates who gains more than 50% of the votes cast can be elected.
- Paragraphs detailing election method are omitted. Other paragraphs in Article 17. are renumbered accordingly.
Rules of Procedure change
- New Article 7.
- Art. 7 Elections
- (1) Election consists of two rounds of voting.
- (2) If fewer candidates than to be elected receives a majority of the votes, they are elected. Otherwise, a second round is held.
- (3) In the second round each voter may give preferential vote to as many candidates as should be elected. Candidates are elected in order of the number of preferential votes, in case of equality in the number of votes from the first round and then by lot.
- Other Articles are renumbered accordingly.
Rational: The election procedures as listed in statutes are clunky, may result into deadlock or some unfairness. )i.e. tree candidates getting the same number of votes.) It is reasonable to put just the provisions for election process into statutes and specify the rest in Rules of Procedure.